Coupe bench chair
Attractive wild ears and beautiful wood grain
- Total teak solid wood with precious ears.
- One-of-a-kind items with different wood grains and shapes.
- Smooth touch by careful sanding.
- Unpainted finish with no luster that allows you to enjoy a rustic atmosphere.
- The taste deepens as you use it.
- A natural color that blends naturally into any room.
|size & price||
|Material||Solid teak (unpainted)|
|deadline||3–4 weeks *Additional days may be required during busy periods|
Description of item
A bench chair with an attractive asymmetrical backrest that is designed not to be heavy. Plenty of teak solid wood, which is a high-quality material and is resistant to moisture. It is finished without painting so that you can enjoy the rustic atmosphere, and it is smooth to the touch due to careful sanding. The contrast between the wild ears and the beautiful grain of the wood, which are not usually used, gives off a strong presence, while the texture and natural color of teak naturally blends in with any room. The teak itself contains a lot of natural oil, so the more you use it, the more it will become glossy and the taste will deepen.
The ribbon-shaped "chigiri" that is applied to the cracked part not only serves as a wedge to prevent the crack from spreading, but also serves as a decoration.
Because the craftsmen make the best use of the materials by hand, the size, wood grain, knots, and shade of color are different for each item. Enjoy the individuality and handmade characteristics of natural solid teak.
Each one is a one-of-a-kind item with a rich expression that befits the name "coupe" (cut out).
- For easy stains, use #240-#1000 sandpaper along the wood grain.
- Avoid excessive dryness and humidity. Only the top plate is treated with wax to make it water repellent. We recommend cleaning with matte wax on a regular basis.
- We recommend Arbor Dry Wax for those who want a dry finish like no paint. It is a new type of wax that is less likely to get wet than oil or other waxes. Please purchase from Maruhon official website.
Maruhon official website
- For normal cleaning, wiping with a damp cloth is sufficient to remove dirt.
LENTREK coating and kiln drying are performed as an insect repellent treatment in the manufacturing process.
Solid teak has the effect of adjusting the moisture in the air, and expands and contracts repeatedly. The moisture content fluctuates depending on the environment, and the size and shape of wood tends to change.
I'm introducing a repair method when cracks occur on the blog. It is a temporary measure and cannot be completely restored, but it fills in the gaps and makes the surface smooth.
[COUPE series crack repair method]